As I'm a technical guy I enjoy seeing things working, so hands down on the keyboard. Obviously the first attempt I do for any programming language is the classic Hello World.
They both compile to Java bytecode and work exactly the same, but I have to add some remarks on the few code I wrote:
- There are no static things in Scala, they've been replaced by Singleton objects.
- No semicolons, even though they are optional, it's kind of verbose.
- I'm passing a function as a parameter, wow, that's powerful and much less verbose.
- Those loops are awesome....
- Much, but much less verbose.
So, give it a try...